This one-day course is designed to assist safety leaders and managers in developing policies and procedures to deal effectively with alcohol and drug issues in the workplace. The course examines the Model Alcohol and Drug Policy from the Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace (Version 6). The course also looks at current issues surrounding medicinal use of cannabis and changes to legislation related to recreational cannabis.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
· Alcohol and drug use in the workplace
· Impairment and fitness for duty
· Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace
· Medicinal and recreational use of cannabis
· Developing and implementing a policy
Participants must complete the one day course, attain a minimum score of 80% on the written test, and complete all skill objectives for course certification.
None required at this time.