This newly formatted two-day program now incorporates the Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR) Course, opening the door for small employers to receive the same training as the rest of the industry. This new approach will help improve their health and safety performance, create a culture of proactive workplace health and safety and reduce the risk and costs associated with workplace incidents.
The new two-day course includes a comprehensive step-by-step guide, which includes more than 40 free resources with workable templates, providing employers with the tools and ability to build an effective health and safety manual, plus much more.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- the purpose and benefits of a Health & Safety Program
- required elements of an effective, company-specific Health & Safety Program
- review of applicable sections of the OH&S Act, Regulation and Code
- due diligence, responsibility and accountability
- resources available for use in developing a Health & Safety manual
- tools to develop, promote and implement a Safe Driving Program
- strategies for communicating and implementing your safety program